Paid search is a fantastic method to drive web traffic to our website from the main search engines. It could also suck our advertising spending budget dry in just a few days if not carried out properly. The bottom line is someone is going to profit by implementing paid search. The question is, is it going to become us or the search engines like google? The objective in the search engines is more clicks. The more individuals click on our ads the more cash the search engines make. Their strategy would be to get as numerous clicks as possible inside our spending budget are willing to do that all day lengthy. The actual goal ought to be “fewer clicks, lower cost with more conversions”. Let’s take a few minutes to take a look at some methods that ought to make a difference in our campaigns.
1. Turn off Content Network in Google whenever you first set up a campaign there’s a default setting that turns the “content match” setting to “on”. For now, turn that setting off. What this does is present your ads on web sites which are using AdSense. If you go to a web site and see “Ads by Google”, those ads are coming from Google paid search accounts. Those ads show up on these websites according to the content material in the website. You will find two issues that you have to consider prior to turning on the content material match. The first is that the web site that is hosting our ad gets paid every time someone clicks on the ad. The second thing is that many people who click on these advertisements are doing research. The magic of search engine advertising is the fact that you come in get in touch with with people who’re actively looking for what you’ve to provide. Only spend for clicks that come from individuals in that category.
2. Search Terms. The much more common the term, less qualified the lead (usually speaking) and the much more the price. What I try to determine is what terms would function to be able to get my perfect consumer to my website.
3. Keyword “types” There are three kinds of key phrases “Broad”, “Phrase” and “Exact”. The rule of thumb that I use is: for single word phrases, use exact match and for search phrases that are two to three words, utilized “phrase matching”. I am also experimenting with utilizing “exact” matching for these terms as well. The much more specific the search term is to what you’re providing and who your perfect client is, the more qualified to lead will probably be. Better a little number of qualified leads than a large quantity of leads that waste your time and ultimately cost a great deal more money.
4. Just a couple thoughts on writing copy for advertisements. When you write your advertisements put the following inside your “headline” box: keyword: “your main keyword. This may put your keyword phrase into the headline. Your ad should be specific sufficient to attract only your ideal client (someone who is searching for exactly what you have to provide). Your ad should contain a minimum of one of your “unique promoting propositions”. This may be very challenging because of the space limitations. Rule of thumb, discover out what your competitors are doing and do something different. For example, if everybody is offering free shipping, use one of your other distinctive selling propositions.
5. Landing Pages. You’ll need to put a lot of believed to your landing pages. Your landing page has to do one thing, that’s, answer the questions are up that the searcher had in thoughts when he typed in his important words. The searcher type in his search terms simply because he has a issue, requirements a solution and is in some kind of “pain”. You’ve about two seconds to convince him that you comprehend what he is going through and what he requirements. The final factor a searcher wants to see see how great you’re. They just don’t care. You have to show them which you possess the answers to their needs. Don’t just send them for your house page unless your house page can accomplish the above. As soon as you connect with your searcher you must have a call to action. It could be a “buy now”, “for more information get in touch with us”, “contact us for a free evaluation” or “free consultation”. You have to be very specific and clear concerning the subsequent steps. Have your “phone number” or “contact us button” on every page.
6. Tracking. Finally, track everything. Paid search is not an exact science. It takes time to set up and optimized your campaigns to get the results that you are searching for. You must monitor your campaigns a minimum of weekly in order to catch market modifications. Google, Yahoo and MSN have totally free tracking tools that work excellent.
Paid search is a superb marketing tool, if used correctly. It could also, as stated earlier; dry up your budget in a heartbeat. It’s a lot cheaper to find somebody who knows what they are doing and does this day in and day out to help you than it is to shed thousands of dollars trying to figure it out yourself.
Search Engine Marketing